Green Chile Crab Cakes with Citrus Salad & Green Chile Mayo
Makes: 4 servings, 3 pieces each Prep Time: 15 min. Cook Time: 10 min.
Chef’s Tip: Crab cakes can be shaped and frozen until ready to use. When ready to cook, dust with flour and continue as directed.
- Green Chile Mayo:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup Rio Luna™ Organic Diced Green Chiles, drained
- Crab Cakes:
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- ¾ cup Rio Luna™ Organic Diced Green Chiles, drained
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 egg
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Citrus Salad:
- 2-1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 green apple, cut into julienne strips
- 1 small orange, cut into individual segments
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Green Chile Mayo: Process ingredients in blender until smooth. Season with salt, if desired. Serve as a dipping sauce with crab cakes.
- Crab Cakes: Combine first 9 ingredients in large bowl. Shape mixture into 12 patties; place on baking sheet. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, lightly dust crab cakes with flour. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook crab cakes, in batches, 3 min. on each side or until golden brown.
- Citrus Salad: Combine ingredients in large bowl.