Grilled Chicken Breasts with Jalapeño BBQ Sauce
Makes: 4 servings Prep Time: 10 min. Cook Time: 35 min.
Chef’s Tip: Serve with grilled vegetables or salads for a perfect summer cookout.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces), drained RIO LUNA™ Organic Diced Jalapeños
- 1-1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Heat oil in small saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook 15-20 min. or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in barbecue sauce, jalapeños and spices. Simmer on medium-low heat 10 min.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Cook chicken 6-8 min. on each side or until done (165°F) brushing occasionally with sauce mixture.