Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins
This recipe was developed and featured on Nomtastic Foods. The original blog post can be read here.
Makes: 9 muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 4 tablespoons of Rio Luna Diced Jalapeños
- 9 pieces of Rio Luna Nacho Sliced Jalapeños
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- Optional: 4 oz shredded cheddar, or cheese of choice
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F, and use pam to coat your muffin tin or use liners.
- In a large bowl, mix in the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together. Then stir in the milk, egg and melted butter. Whisk everything thoroughly before adding diced jalapeños. If you want cheesy cornbread, this is where you’d mix in your shredded cheddar or cheese of choice.
- Divide the batter up into 9 different muffins and add a Rio Luna’s Nacho Sliced Jalapeño or fresh jalapeño on top of each one.
- Bake for 20 minutes and let cool.