Jalapeño Mac & Cheese
Makes: about 5 servings Prep Time: 15 min. Cook Time: 20 min.
Chef’s Tip: For added heat, top each serving with a few additional jalapeño slices.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese, divided
- 1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) RIO LUNA™ Organic Nacho Sliced Jalapeños, drained
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Simmer heavy cream in large saucepan on medium-high heat 10 minutes or until reduced by about half. Add cheddar and American cheeses and half the Gruyere. Cook on low heat 5 min. or until cheese is melted, stirring frequently.
- Add macaroni, jalapeños, pepper and remaining Gruyere. Mix well. Serve immediately.