Korean Short Rib Taquitos with Jalapeño Cilantro Aioli
Makes: 16 taquitos
Prep Time: 30 min.
Cook Time: 1.5 hours (Instant Pot) / 3 hours (Stovetop)
- Short Ribs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 lbs. boneless short ribs
- 1/4 cup Gochujang sauce
- 3 oz Rio Luna Jalapeños, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 oz Mizkan Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 16 small corn tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 4 oz Rio Luna Jalapeños, diced
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Jalapeño Cilantro Aioli
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Gochujang Sauce
- 1 oz Rio Luna Jalapeños, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl combine all aioli ingredients and set aside.
- Heat Instant Pot for sauté and add oil (can be done on stove top). Sear short ribs on all sides.
- For Instant Pot, add remaining ingredients and pressure. Cook on high for 1 hr 20 minutes until tender. Remove and pull beef. For stove top, sear and add all ingredients and cook covered on low heat for approximately 2 ½ hours until tender. Set aside.
- Heat corn tortillas in microwave until pliable, about 45 seconds for batches of 8.
- Add 1 oz of cooked beef to each tortilla with 1 oz of cheese and approximately 1 teaspoon of Rio Luna Jalapeños. Roll up and close with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Heat oil in sauté pan and cook taquitos for approximately 1 minute on each side until golden. Remove to paper towel and repeat with remaining taquitos.
- Serve with jalapeño cilantro aioli.