Mexican Green Chile Corn Pudding
This recipe was developed and featured on Wicked Spatula. The original blog post can be read here.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 2 (15.25oz) cans sweet corn, drained and divided
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup gluten-free 1:1 all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 7 oz can Rio Luna Large Diced Green Chiles
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine 1 can of corn with the milk, eggs, sugar, and flour in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a 12" cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add in the onion, bell pepper, and green chiles. Cook for 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant. Add in the spices and cook another 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the onions and peppers to the batter along with the remaining can of corn. Pour the batter back into the skillet and transfer to the oven and cook 45-50 minutes covering halfway through with aluminum foil to prevent the top from over-browning.