Poached Eggs on English Muffins with Spicy Avocado Cream
Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Chef’s Tip: Prepare fried or scrambled eggs instead of poaching them.
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup drained Rio Luna Organic Diced Jalapeños
- ¼ cup chopped yellow onions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped plum tomatoes
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1-3/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 6 eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 multi-grain English muffins, toasted
- 3 tablespoons RIO LUNA™ Organic Diced Green Chiles
- Mash avocado in medium bowl with fork. Add jalapeños, onions, cilantro, tomatoes, lime juice and ¼ teaspoon salt. Mix well.
- Bring about 8 cups water to boil in shallow pot. Add vinegar and 1 teaspoon salt. Crack eggs, 1 at a time, into small bowl then tip into water. Remove pan from heat; cover. Let stand up to 6 min. or until egg whites are just set and opaque. Remove eggs from water with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Season with pepper and remaining ½ teaspoon salt.
- Top each English muffin with avocado mixture and 1 poached egg. Garnish with green chiles.