White Chicken Chili
Makes: 6 servings, 1 cup each
Prep Time: 30 min.
Cook Time: 50 min.
Chef’s Tip: Serve with a sprinkle of additional cilantro and crumbled tortilla chips.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic paste
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 can white hominy, drained
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) RIO LUNA™ Organic Diced Green Chiles, undrained
- 1 quart (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Heat oil in 4-qt. saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic paste. Cook 15-20 min. or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add chicken. Cook 10 min., stirring occasionally. Add cumin, chili powder and coriander; cook 1-2 min. or until fragrant. Stir in hominy, beans and green chiles. Cook 5 min.
- Add broth to deglaze pan. Simmer 20-25 min.
- Stir in cilantro, oregano, juice, salt and pepper. Garnish with sour cream just before serving.